1. PIKE CENTRAL RE-OPENS ON SATURDAY, APRIL 13 – We are so excited to re-open the Pike Central Farm Market for its second year, with over 40 vendors. Rockville, we have arrived!
2. NEW WEBSITE – Our website will have a brand new look that will be launched in the coming weeks. New features include direct access to our blog and our events calendar so you can always know what’s coming up at the markets!
3. NEW VENDORS WITH NEW PRODUCTS – In the market for bison meat, strawberry basil hummous, or a fish taco? You can get all of those items at our markets! We have a lot of new vendors that will be at the markets each week, and special vendors that will visit the markets throughout the year.
4. MUSIC & WINE – Our market calendar is packed with great music almost every weekend! Check our calendar to see when and where your favorite acts will be playing. Several wineries will also be doing wine tastings at our markets so you can taste some wine and take a bottle home!
5. CHEF DEMOS – Local chefs and market vendors will be cooking up fresh combinations using only market ingredients. Then you get to taste what they’ve made! Check our events calendar to see when they’ll be at the markets.
6. OUTDOOR YOGA – Back by popular demand, extendYoga will be leading a series of outdoor yoga classes at the Pike Central Farm Market starting in June.
7. FESTIVALS & SPECIAL EVENTS – We will hold our 2nd Annual Oyster Festival in October at Pike Central, the first ever Health & Wellness day at Pike Central in June, monthly Kids Clubs, our annual Labor Day Weekend celebrations, and many more to come.
8. GREAT CONTESTS WITH NEW PRIZES – The “Where in the world is your little red bag?” Facebook contest will be back this summer, and so will our annual Bake Bethesda a Pie Contest at Bethesda Central. Winners will get great new prizes – stay tuned!
9. FOOD AND NUTRITION GUEST BLOGGERS – Foodies, nutrition experts, and special vendors will be writing guest posts on our blog throughout the market season. We already have a few posts up now – check them out here!
10. COOKS CORNER AT PIKE CENTRAL – Chef Lynne will direct a season full of cooking classes for adults & children, food demonstrations, market food tours, knife skills & small gadget demos, and many other wonderful things to help you to discover how to bring the market into your life.
Make sure that you subscribe to our e-blast to stay up-to-date on all of CFM’s happenings, and check our blog every week!